Honestly, I thought, “how hard is it to bake an egg in an avocado?!” One day, I fell into the deep abyss of Instagram looking at food I would want to cook. I stumbled upon a picture of an egg baked in an avocado. Immediately, I knew that this was the next dish I wanted to master. I found a recipe on All Recipes for egg baked in avocado. In the Instagram pictures, I stumbled upon, and the picture on All Recipes, it looked so effortless to make; however, this was not my experience.
The first time I tried to make it, I didn’t scoop out enough avocado and the egg part over flowed. Also, this happened because I didn’t balance the avocado, so I ended up folding up tin foil and wedging it under the avocado to keep it balanced.
The avocado over flowing problem also happened the second time I baked the egg in an avocado. This time it happened inside the oven, so I’m thinking the heat affected the baking pan and made it bend or something.
The third time was the charm. I got my avocados balanced and nothing over flowed. YAY!!!
The lesson I learned from this cooking endeavor was that seeing things on Instagram and thinking that they’ll be perfect the first time you cook them isn’t true. You need to try something a few times, and learn all the hacks associated with cooking the meal.
Here’s the recipe from All Recipes for Baked Eggs in Avocado:
- 2 small eggs
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- Any seasoning you want to use
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, being careful to keep the yolks intact.
- Arrange avocado halves in a baking dish, resting them along the edge so avocado won’t tip over. Gently spoon 1 egg yolk into the avocado hole. Continue spooning egg white into the hole until full. Repeat with remaining egg yolk, egg white, and avocado. Season as you please.
- Gently place baking dish in the preheated oven and bake until eggs are cooked, about 15 minutes.
This is a super easy meal to cook (once you know the hacks for it), and it’s really healthy! Let me know some of your cooking tips below!
Happy Cooking 🙂