As I mentioned in my post about my experience at Egg Slut, I am on a mission to figure out how to make the best egg sandwich at home. After I went to Egg Slut, I figured out the missing ingredient- avocado!
Cook and Prep time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
1 or 2 eggs
1 Tbsp. of garlic olive oil (I use the Trader Joe’s version)
1 or ½ an avocado
2 slices of Gouda cheese
1 English muffin or roll (I like the Euro Classic Hamburger rolls)
I like to start by prepping the bread, so that way once the egg is cooked I can just put it on the sandwich and it’s ready to eat. Here are the steps:
- Lay out both halves of the bread
- Slice up the avocado and put it on both sides of the bread, so the sandwich is balanced.
- Put the two slices of Gouda on top of the avocado- this way they melt once you put the freshly cooked egg between them!
Now that the rest of the sandwich is ready, then I start with the tasks related to cooking the egg(s). Here’s what I do:
- Put a little bit (about 1 Tbsp.) of the garlic olive oil in the single egg pan- I like to put enough that I know the egg won’t stick to the pan, but not too much where it will spit back out at me while hot.
- Crack the egg into the pan- I like to cook it sunny side up
- Once the egg whites look cooked, then I like to flip it
When you think, the egg is done, take it off the stove and quickly get it onto the prepared sandwich. Once you put both halves together, it will melt the cheese.
I hope that you enjoy my super easy and healthy egg sandwich recipe! Comment below with any recipes that you’ve created and feel like sharing 🙂