In the past few days, I’ve done a lot of reflecting on the year, and I realized I never had goals for 2018- this might be why the year felt so weird. I moved across the country, started a new job, lived with my parents for a while (thank you guys), moved into an apartment and made new friends. 2018 was truly a year of transition and I was so lucky to be able to surround myself with great friends, family and an amazing life coach- THANK YOU MISTI!
So cheers to 2019. May it be a year that’s calmer and full of growth. Here are my goals for 2019:
- Be healthy and happy. This is an interesting one because I’m dealing with another injury. I can’t really exercise to my fullest extent and I’m starting PT again as a way to hopefully prevent needing surgery. So, I’m going to work on eating healthier, cooking more and taking care of my mental health.
2. Read more. A year or so ago I accidentally ordered about 15 books off Amazon, and I still haven’t read them. It is such a waste to have a stack of great books and not read them, so I’m going to try to read at least one book a month. This way I get to enjoy my books and learn new things.
3. Travel more. I did some traveling in 2018, but I didn’t cross any new states off my list. For my 28th birthday, I’m going to New Orleans, making Louisiana the 40th state I’ve been to. I’m hoping to plan more trips, so I can accomplish my goal of going to all 50 states by the time I turn 30.
4. Get my finances in order. This is still a continuous process and I’m still working on figuring out the best way to do things.
5. Learn to say no. I say yes to wayyyy too many things, and then I get overwhelmed by everything I’ve committed to. Some of the things I might not actually want to do, but I feel obligated to do.
6. Do more good. As a social worker, I picked a career to do good in the world. I need to get back to my roots and volunteer more and contribute positively to society.
7. Be more consistent on my blog. I have a lot of posts that have been drafted for a while, but I never finished them. I need to work on finishing my posts and be current with everything.
8. Do more creative projects. I have a lot of ideas about different projects to work on and I need to explore them more and see what happens. I want to try new things and express myself in new ways.
I’ll keep everyone updated with how working on my goals for the year goes. I hope that everyone has a great year!
Comment below with your goals for 2019!